Sometimes dryer vents get filled with lint or any other kind of debris. This may result in increased dryer time. That further leads to overheating of the dryer. Along with these, the worst part is it also results in increased consumption of energy. This is because the dryer should run for a longer duration to dry the cloths. Finally, it occurs in a dryer duct or some cases lead to fires in the dryer.
Once you notice that dryer is taking longer to run, that means longer the time compared to the time it was made earlier, then it is time to clean the dryer vent. There are many services available for dryer duct cleaning sarasota,which can be utilized. Cleaning of dryer vent can enhance the efficiency and safety of the dryer.
When to clean the dryer?
- The dryer vent should be cleaned if there is visible lint which got accumulated behind the dryer
- It is time to clean the dryer if it is kept on shutting off even before the end of the timer
- In case the cleaning is not done for a year
- If you have observed a long time for drying, especially with items like jeans and towel
- In case if you have noticed that the clothes are hotter than they used to be at the end of the cycle
Benefits of dryer cleaning
- Through cleaning the dryer, it is possible to eliminate the fire hazard
- It results in reduced drying times
- Once the dryer is cleaned, it saves a lot of money on utility bills
- Dryer cleaning can increase the life of the dryer
What should you do?
When it comes to dryer cleaning, it is better to hire a professional service. They will start the cleaning from behind the dryer. It is necessary that they should clean the complete vent from behind the dryer to the exhaust which is present on the outside of the dryer. The exhaust may be placed on either side or roof. It is also essential to clean the lint trap, which is down below. The service should come with all the necessary equipmentto clean the complete vent system effectively. The cleaning should remove lint buildup along with this should result in, efficient working of the dryer. The client should be able to experience immediate benefits like reduced dryer time, energy savings, and reduced temperature. Some of the long term benefits of dryer cleaning are reduced dryer damage, reduced overheat, and prevention of fire hazard.